Our Journey to Annabelle

Our family is thrilled to be on a journey to adopt Qin Si Ning (Elishia at Hope Haven) from the People's Republic of China. We feel so fortunate to be able to bring home such a darling girl. We will name her Annabelle Elyse Ning. About our daughter: Chinese Name: Qin Si Ning, name at Hope Haven: Elishia. Birthdate: 6/15/03 Province: Shaanxi SWI: Xianyang LOI: 4/28/05, PA 6/16/05 DTC 9/2/05, TA 11/14, Consulate Appointment 12/15.

Monday, August 08, 2005

FedEx loses 1 and misplaces another! ::grumble::

It never fails. When you MUST HAVE something overnight, the person sending it never gets it to you overnight!

I got the info I needed from FL and sent them the funds to pay for the records Daniel needed to update our HS. I sent them a FedEx slip with our account # on it - all they had to do was send it back out to me. Did they do it overnight? NO. They got it on Friday and sent it back to me on Wednesday! Aggh! I was dying! Thank goodness I sent them the overnight thing or they'd probably have sent it by Carrier Pigeon.

Then the counselor here in town was supposed to do a report and send it the same way - via our FedEx account to our HS agency 1.5 hours away. Days went by and I called and was told it was just sent. MORE days went by and the HS agency never saw it. I had to drive to their town anyway, to pick up my friend so I drove the papers from FL there rather than risk them getting lost. When I arrived at the HS agency, she had a FedEx pacakge from me - I figured it was the report from the counselor. NOPE. It was the check and letter I had sent her a WEEK prior! It had been delivered to someone in her building who decided to HOLD it for a WEEK!

The other package from the counselor STILL hasn't arrived almost 2 weeks later but after a 1AM sobbing phone call to her office (which actually went to her cellphone at home! oops!) she faxed the form to the HS agency for me. Sheesh. I NEED CHOCOLATE! LOL..

So now our wonderful HS agency (love 'em) has our check, our letter, the FL paperwork and the counselor's report. She will REwrite the HS and send it to USCIS who is holding our I-171H form (approval from Homeland Security for us to adopt) and HOPEFULLY we'll have that in a week or two. I reaaaaaaalllllly NEED to be DTC. I need some finality to this process. It seems never-ended though I know all too soon it will be a faded, distant memory, like labor pains!!

Annabelle, we can't wait to bring you home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home