Our Journey to Annabelle

Our family is thrilled to be on a journey to adopt Qin Si Ning (Elishia at Hope Haven) from the People's Republic of China. We feel so fortunate to be able to bring home such a darling girl. We will name her Annabelle Elyse Ning. About our daughter: Chinese Name: Qin Si Ning, name at Hope Haven: Elishia. Birthdate: 6/15/03 Province: Shaanxi SWI: Xianyang LOI: 4/28/05, PA 6/16/05 DTC 9/2/05, TA 11/14, Consulate Appointment 12/15.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Poem...

I saw this on another site and thought I would share - it is so befitting! :)


I wish someone had told me
just how it was going to be
to look at your sweet pictures
and see you looking at me
but not be able to hold you
or hug you so very tight
to hear you call me mama
or watch you sleep at night

I wish someone had told me
I'd have to see you cry
but not be there to comfort you
or to gently wipe your eye
I can't pick you up and kiss you
on your cheek so wet with tears
I can't calm you, say I love you
chase away all of your fears

I wish someone had told me
If I do all that I can do
I'll still just be here waiting
and I'll know you're waiting too
but you don't have a mama
and your room is cold and bare
you have no mattress to sleep on
and there's so few toys to share

I wish someone would tell you
that we are coming soon
you have a mommy and daddy
who think you've hung the moon
there's nothing I can do here
only sit and wait
but I promise you my darling
there will soon be a date

I hope that they will tell you
so that you will be prepared
to meet everyone who loves you so
and all this time have cared
we'll pick you up and kiss you
we'll hug away your fears
and when we meet, you'll know its me
for we'll both be wearing tears.

-by Marsha Roberts, mom to Mia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home