Our Journey to Annabelle

Our family is thrilled to be on a journey to adopt Qin Si Ning (Elishia at Hope Haven) from the People's Republic of China. We feel so fortunate to be able to bring home such a darling girl. We will name her Annabelle Elyse Ning. About our daughter: Chinese Name: Qin Si Ning, name at Hope Haven: Elishia. Birthdate: 6/15/03 Province: Shaanxi SWI: Xianyang LOI: 4/28/05, PA 6/16/05 DTC 9/2/05, TA 11/14, Consulate Appointment 12/15.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Waiting and waiting and waiting






While the waiting seems endless, we try to keep busy. Heaven knows with these 3 children of mine, there isn't a dull moment.
Between Josh's Horsepower therapy, MacKenzie's Choir, French Club, Art Class and horseback riding, and Emma-Grace's dumpster diving (hehe.. she tried to eat Josh's breakfast out of the trash last weekend! AGGHH!), we are never at a loss for something to do. But that doesn't satisfy me. I reallllly want to go to China.

Most people gain weight whle waiting - I've managed to lose about 50lbs since early February 2005. I had lap-band surgery (www.inamed.com) and I wonder what I would have lost if we weren't WAITING AND WAITING - maybe it should be called WEIGHTING! :) Today I sorted out all the clothes that no longer fit me - and this was the pile I got (first photo!) I bet I had 100 pieces of clothing - and that's just stuff from the attic. There is more in my closet!

Our 13 yr old Rat Terrier, Rizzo, managed to get under the Suburban as we were driving out of the driveway to pick up MacKenzie today :( His leg is broken and he's in the hospital waiting to have surgery tomorrow. Say a little prayer for him. :( He's my oldest child. We've had him since we were dating - so he's really like my child. (My apologies to the neighbors who must have thought the world had come to an end to hear me yelling! ::sigh:: I'm not good in a panic situation. I could never be a nurse. I scream like a girl. ::Sigh::)

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Switched For Life said...

So sorry to hear about your dog! That must have been as terrible for you as it was for Rizzo. I'm glad it wasn't even worse though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home