Our Journey to Annabelle

Our family is thrilled to be on a journey to adopt Qin Si Ning (Elishia at Hope Haven) from the People's Republic of China. We feel so fortunate to be able to bring home such a darling girl. We will name her Annabelle Elyse Ning. About our daughter: Chinese Name: Qin Si Ning, name at Hope Haven: Elishia. Birthdate: 6/15/03 Province: Shaanxi SWI: Xianyang LOI: 4/28/05, PA 6/16/05 DTC 9/2/05, TA 11/14, Consulate Appointment 12/15.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Thank heavens!

No TA yet but the next best thing to TA!

Three moms have recently gone to China to bring home babies from Ning Ning's orphanage! One mom was able to meet her and hear her sing in a little group - she said she was a kick and boy could she sing! That tickled me because I had just shared a video with Sherry at HFS - my kids (years ago) singing Jingle Bells. Sherry said "She's been a Craig all along!" :) (click on the title of this post to see the video)

I just got an email from another mom who met her today!!! She met my baby! She said she was adorable and very friendly! She asked what name she was used to being called and they said Ning Ning! WooHoo! That's all I wanted to know. So I won't feel so guilty about calling her Annabelle.. but you know we do call her Ning Ning here all the time. It has become such a household name, I doubt we call her anything else. The mom also said she brought out her daughter's photo album and Ning Ning came running over saying "Mama Mama!" like she had been shown her Mama's photos! ME! She is waiting for ME! :) How exciting. I can't wait to get there and hug her and love her.

I just want to go get her and love her and show her what it's like to have a family who loves her!

The days are creeping by. Fall is fast approaching and the days are shorter - well, they FEEL shorter - but in reality the darkness comes to early and I sit here and think about what she's doing.. and does she know we're coming? Does she know we're working as hard as we can to get there. We're praying for her everyday! I know she's in good hands and that keeps me at peace.

Hold on Ning Ning.. it can't be much longer. It has to be soon!! We love you and want you here with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home