Our Journey to Annabelle

Our family is thrilled to be on a journey to adopt Qin Si Ning (Elishia at Hope Haven) from the People's Republic of China. We feel so fortunate to be able to bring home such a darling girl. We will name her Annabelle Elyse Ning. About our daughter: Chinese Name: Qin Si Ning, name at Hope Haven: Elishia. Birthdate: 6/15/03 Province: Shaanxi SWI: Xianyang LOI: 4/28/05, PA 6/16/05 DTC 9/2/05, TA 11/14, Consulate Appointment 12/15.

Friday, August 26, 2005

What a difference a DAY makes!

Our WONDERFUL Homestudy Agency, Nathanson Adoption Services, called me yesterday to let me know they got the fax I was waiting on and Helene sent it to the USCIS person via fax who then emailed Helene with the info that our I-171H (Approval from Homeland Security to adopt) was going out in FRIDAY'S MAIL!!!!! WOOHOO! We'll either get it Saturday or Monday! I can't wait. This means ... that we NOW REALLY GET TO WAIT. LOL..

People seem to look at me funny when I say "We got our final piece of paper we were waiting for.. and now we get to wait more!" And I'm actually HAPPY about it. :) The average wait for Travel Approval (or TA) is 70 days from the date your Dossier is logged in to China's system (known as your LID - Log In Date) Once you are logged in, you wait for China to invite you to their country to adopt. When they send you this invitation (TA), your agency then can make arrangements for an appointment with the Consulate to complete your adoption. Most people travel within a month of receiving TA. I would REALLLLY like to get TA by Daniel's birthday - November 5th. I know that's asking a lot... ;) But then we could travel early in December and be home before Christmas. ::crossing fingers and toes::

So... as soon as I get this I-171H in the mail, I make a photocopy of it, have it notarized as a true copy, take it to Raleigh to the Sec. of State's Office and have it authenticated and then I send that to the courier in DC who will expedite it through the state department and embassy! Sounds all important like an episode of 24 or something, huh? (mindlessly drifting into a daydream about Kiefer Sutherland...) Oh.. sorry.... LOL

Okay.. so that's where we stand until next week when we get to run all over like crazy people... (wait, we ARE crazy people...)

For those of you in NC, I highly recommend Nathanson Adoption Services. Helene has been nothing but wonderful when it comes to our homestudy and helping us get this process completed. She has what it takes to get it done! (Plus she'll even eat chocolate on your behalf) http://www.nathansonadoption.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home