Our Journey to Annabelle

Our family is thrilled to be on a journey to adopt Qin Si Ning (Elishia at Hope Haven) from the People's Republic of China. We feel so fortunate to be able to bring home such a darling girl. We will name her Annabelle Elyse Ning. About our daughter: Chinese Name: Qin Si Ning, name at Hope Haven: Elishia. Birthdate: 6/15/03 Province: Shaanxi SWI: Xianyang LOI: 4/28/05, PA 6/16/05 DTC 9/2/05, TA 11/14, Consulate Appointment 12/15.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Time...

We leave for the airport in 4 days 16 hours and 47 minutes! I can't wait.

I'm mostly packed -- I unpacked some last night and re-evaluated what I had packed. Daniel has 4 pairs of pants, 4 shirts and 4 pairs of socks & undies. I hope that's enough. I could possibly squeeze in 2 more pair of each for him and then we'd have enough for a good buffer in case we couldn't get to laundry one day.

We will have 2 rooms in Xian and 2 rooms in Guangzhou because I want to be prepared to have a place if Annabelle feels like she needs to cry and grieve. Plus there just won't be room for us all in one room without feeling like we're cramped up and we want this to be stress free.

Ahh. I need to pack swimsuits for everyone. Just in case we can go to an indoor swimming pool. I just asked Daniel if he would swim and that led him to ponder if Ning Ning has even been in a pool or seen a horse or napped while laying beside someone... What experience will we show her that she may never have known before. It will be interesting to see the world through her eyes.

Okay... now I need to go pack the electronics. This should be interesting. My backpack is going to be HEAVY! Anyone seen the video camera?? We found it yesterday and promptly lost it again. I bought a DVD Video Recorder yesterday - a video camera that records to DVDs. Well, the stupid thing will not record to a format that can be read on a Mac so I had to take it back! ::grumble:: I also need to go get a charger for the old laptop today! I feel like my foot is nailed to the floor and I'm going around and around in circles.


TTFN!

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Shelli, we are beginning to feel the crunch on time here too and we still have about 10 days left until we leave!
Can you believe we are FINALLY going to China to bring our precious daughters home???? I can't wait to see photos of you holdling Annabelle! I know I will cry buckets of tears for both of you!
Big hugs!
Sharon
http://princessbrinley.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home